Web Presence Intro
This is a quick overview of understanding the concept of online web presence. As this is something that is always going to evolve thanks to breakthroughs in technology our goal is to have a basic understanding of having an online presence.
Being online is not just a website
A properly constructed website is the cornerstone of a company’s web presence and sales funneling opportunities, but the website is just the tip of the iceberg.
How deep is your online web presence
With trending or new platforms, it is important to establish branding to your existing or new customers. Part of the process is understanding the available platforms broken down into categories.
There are quite a few other digital locations where a business should have a presence in. These include, but are not limited to:
- Links to pages and content on the company’s website from other places on reputable websites on the internet.
- Social media properties such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc.
- Business platforms such as Google + Local, Amazon.
- Listings in business directories like Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, Merchant Circle, YellowPages.com, Whitepages, CitySearch and others.
- Email communications with customers and prospects.
- Press Releases to news and media outlets.
Growing your online web presence
Your competitors are growing their web presence, so if you aren’t growing yours then you are falling behind.
People search the web for a business, product or service in different ways. Some people use familiar search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo). Some people will utilize social media such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Other people may use business directory services like Yelp, CitySearch or FourSquare. There are numerous additional ways Internet users find businesses and these methods continue to evolve at a rapid rate. The more places your business has a presence, the more likely your business will be found.
A growing web presence also helps develops trust and authority for customers and prospects. The more places people see you the bigger and more familiar you are in their minds. In addition, a broader web presence will also frequently enhance search engine rankings for many of the same reasons.